Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Need for a Savior

Well I haven't blogged in quite a while because to be quite honest it became a pride issue.  I was constantly writing things that just made me look better and I am not good.  I am just a filthy sinner in need of a Savior.  On my journey to marriage in the next 5 months I have grown to see my sin more magnified.  I have seen my sin hurt the ones I love the most.  My selfish ambitions and desires have been a constant battle.  I seem to overcome a struggle and end up reaching the pit of that sin once again.  I say "Hey Lord, Thanks for helping me out...See you later."  I haven't rejoiced in the blessing that the Lord has given me.  I haven't praised him when he has done something great in my life.  I get mad if he doesn't allow for me to have something my way...BUT in return he has continued to teach me the hard way.  I have allowed for my up and down moods to affect the ones around me.  Through this time I have grown to learn that my Hope is found in nothing less than the precious Blood of Christ.  I am not perfect and will never be perfect, but that is what Christ has done to change me and allow for me to recognize my NEED for him daily.

Reflecting back on my notes from church on Sunday..."Change occurs by the power of Jesus Christ within you!"  I will never be able to change myself without Christ...I have tried,  I need my Saviour.

1 comment:

  1. glad the Lord is teaching you these hard lessons. Love you dear!

    ReplyDelete